The via ferrata features three different sections at different levels of difficulty. That is why the via ferrata offers not only interesting passages for families, but also for experienced climbers. At the Gamsfelsen is the easiest section of the route (B/C), if you cross the rope bridge to the Steinbockfelsen you must climb a brief section of the difficulty of C. If you try the “Adlervariante” at the norther side, you must conquer a brief D/E section. At the highest point you get to the Gamsblick vantage point from where you enjoy a fantastic panoramic view of the Höhenbachtal valley and the waterfall.
Important facts and information:
- The via ferrata may only be accessed with proper climbing equipment (helmet, harness and via ferrata set).
- The via ferrata equipment can be rented or bought at local sports shops.
- The Lechtal tourist board – local branch of Holzgau is responsible for sustaining the route.
- The via ferrata was opened on 9 September 2016 and can be used as of now. The use of the via ferrata is free of charge.
- It is not allowed to climb the via ferrata from 11 October to 15 May!